Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Translation of ''Aux Champs-Elysée'' by Joe Dassin


Song: Aux Champs-Elysée
Artist: Joe Dassin

Always link back if you repost somewhere else, and comments are appreciated. 
♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ 

I was walking down the avenue, my heart open to the unknown 
I felt like saying hello to anyone 
Anyone, and it was you, I said whatever came to mind
Just talking to you was enough to win you over

At the Champs-Elysées, at the Champs-Elysées
In the sun, beneath the rain, at noon or midnight 
There's everything you desire at the Champs-Elysées

You told me ''I have a meeting place in a basement with some madmen 
Who live with a guitar in their hand, from night to morning.'' 
So I went along with you, we sang, we danced 
And we didn't even think of kissing 

Last night two strangers and this morning on the avenue, 
Two lovers completely dazed by the long night 
And of the Étoile à la Concorde, an orchestra with a thousand strings 
All the birds at daybreak sing of love 

No comments:

Post a Comment

English Translation of "Mon Ego" by M (Matthieu Chedid)

 M (Matthieu Chedid) - Mon Ego Lyrics ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪  Number one, I hold on,  Like a dumb icon With an aluminum loo...