Monday, October 8, 2012

Translation of ''La Noyée'' by Yann Tiersen


Song: La Noyée (The Drowned)
Artist: Yann Tiersen (Cover of Serge Gainsbourg)

Always link back if you repost somewhere else, and comments are appreciated. 
♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ 

You're drifting away
On the river of memories 
And I, running on the shore, 
Shout for you to come back
But, slowly, you move away
And in your desperate race, 
Bit by bit, I win back from you
A little lost ground. 

From time to time, you sink
Under the moving liquid 
Or, grazing some brambles, 
You hesitate and wait for me 
Hiding your face 
With your upturned shirt, 
For the fear of your disfigurement 
And your shame and regrets. 

You're nothing more than a poor castaway, 
A dead dog floating on the water
But I remain your slave 
And plunge into the stream
When the memories stop 
And the ocean of oblivion 
Breaks over our hearts and our heads
Forever, gathering us together. 

...
Note: This translation was a less literal, as I tried to conserve the poetry of the lyrics as much as I could without it sounding awkward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

English Translation of "Mon Ego" by M (Matthieu Chedid)

 M (Matthieu Chedid) - Mon Ego Lyrics ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪  Number one, I hold on,  Like a dumb icon With an aluminum loo...